FLE (Food Libations Entertainment) announces the International Selections of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the international LODO GUIDE – MILAN IOOC 2022.
The competition promotes the best olive oil production in the world, spreading awareness of excellent extra virgin olive oil.
LODO is a “Qualifying Gourmet” (QG) project, the distinctive logo of which is a sign of the quality of each product represented.
FLE (Food Libations Entertainment), through its scientific and technical campaigns aimed at making people aware of the high-quality and health-giving properties of extra virgin olive oil, hopes to persuade the consumer to use this wonderful product every day.
FLE (Food Libations Entertainment) increases the presence in the world markets of companies that achieve recognition in the competition. It also has the objective of encouraging olive growers and oil producers to continuously improve the quality of their products.The objective that the LODO GUIDE project proposes is the cultural dissemination and promotion of the regions and companies that are the undisputed stars of the industry. It offers itself as the sole guarantor and communication channel between the producers and the world market, through monitoring, selection and marketing. It aims to create cultural and commercial networks through the organisation of events and collaborations for the presentation and promotion of the culture of olive oil both nationally and internationally.
Art: 1 THE COMPETITION
The competition, which single or groups of oil producers can enter, is only for extra virgin olive oils, classified as such in accordance with the criteria and rules established by EC regulations 2568/91, 1989/03 and 510/06 and subsequent updates. The minimum quantity of oil required to take part in the competition is 500 kg. After the entrant’s documentation has been checked by the Competition Management the oil samples are subjected to an organoleptic evaluation, carried out in accordance with the provisions of Annex XII to reg. CE 2568/91, 1989/03 and 510/06 by an international jury of tasters, members of the various associations and delegations of tasters and enrolled in the Registers or Lists of tasters, in accordance with the current regulations. They are selected from Italy and abroad to make sure that the jury is as diverse as possible.
At the request of the jury, samples may be subjected to a chemical – physical analysis, even if only for some of their parameters, at a laboratory chosen by the Management, which will bear the cost of the tests. The Management guarantees that any samples submitted for tasting or sent to the laboratory for analysis will be strictly anonymous, in accordance with standard procedures. The Management is the guarantor that the competition will be conducted correctly. The samples submitted are stored in a dark environment kept at a constant temperature of 13/14 degrees centigrade to preserve them as well as possible.
Art: 2 FORMAT
PRESELECTION SEMI – FINAL AND FINAL
Major associations and professional delegations from Italy and abroad take part in the competition.
This year, to enhance the value of the oils entered in the competition at a regional level, we have decided to delegate the sample preselection task to the most important Trade Associations or Delegations of professional tasters. The preselection consists in identifying any defects in a sample that would lead to its elimination from the competition.The Associations or Delegations of professional tasters will also be given the task of dividing the oils that are found to have no defects into the following categories: light, medium and robust. Companies can request a full refund of the registration fee for samples with one or more defects.
Once divided into categories, the samples move into the semi-final where the oils are evaluated by a panel of tasters from the Associations or Delegations of professional tasters, and from national and international tasting bodies. In this second step, the samples are assigned a score. Those that receive the highest score will go forward to the final phase.
The “Lodevoli” oils move on to the final stage. In this phase the jury is made up of representatives of the Associations and Delegations involved, and of the national and international professional tasting bodies that distinguished themselves during the semi-final phase. A Lodevole jury for Lodevoli oils. The names of all the companies and oils that have passed the preselection phase will be published in the first bilingual printed edition of the LODO GUIDE – 2022, which will be available from December 2021. The Management reserves the right to publish only the names of the companies and oils that have met the standards of the QG project.
Art: 3 ORGANISATION AND MANAGEMENT
The Lodo Guide Competition was conceived and is directed and organised by Manuela Vigo and Vincenzo Federico Petisi of FLE (Food Libations Entertainment) Lodo Guide Editors: Manuela Vigo and Vincenzo Federico Petisi. Lodo Guide Jury Management: Manuela Vigo and Vincenzo Federico Petisi.
Art:4 TECHNICAL COORDINATION
Technical Coordinator of the Jury: Filippo Legnaioli, Panel Leader . The tasting panels of LODO, Italian and foreign, are made up solely and exclusively of professional tasters enrolled in the Registers or Lists of tasters, in accordance with the regulations in force, and belonging to the various associations of tasters from Italy and abroad, to ensure the diverse nature of the jury.
Art: 5 GUARANTOR
Throughout the competition, FLE (Food Libations Entertainment) guarantees compliance with current legislation and the guiding principles of the competition.
Art: 6 LODO GUIDE REGISTRATION
You can register for the LODO GUIDE on the website www.lodo-guide.com. Click on the REGISTER (ISCRIVITI) button to access the registration page. Complete the registration form and follow the instructions for payment, which can be made either by bank transfer or online by credit card. Once you have registered and paid, you will receive, at the email address you entered, the application form to enter your oil or company. These should be filled in and returned by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art: 7 DELIVERY AND DOCUMENTATION
Competition applicants must submit to
Viale Murillo 1
no later than June 15th 2021 the following items:
Five 0.500/0.750 litre bottles of commercially available oil for each sample entered into the competition.
The following completed forms must be sent by email to email@example.com:
- Company publicity material: company logo, text, photos, labels.
- Certified copies of chemical analyses showing oleic acidity and peroxide and polyphenol levels.
The Management cannot accept any responsibility for any delay in the arrival of the samples, for any changes in the samples, or for breakages or any other damage suffered during transport. Shipping and customs clearance costs are to be paid by the participating companies.
Art: 8 REGISTRATION FEE AND PAYMENT
The registration fee is €150 (one hundred and fifty/00) for each oil sample entered into the LODO GUIDE competition. From the fourth sample, the registration fee is €100 (one hundred/00) per sample.
- For one (1) oil sample the fee will be €150 (one hundred and fifty/00)
- Two (2) oil samples will be €300 (three hundred/00)
- Three (3) oil samples will be €450 (four hundred and fifty/00)
- Four (4) oil samples will be €550 (five hundred and fifty/00)
- Five (5) oil samples will be €650 (six hundred and fifty/00)
- Six (6) oil samples will be €750 (seven hundred and fifty/00)
- Seven (7) oil samples will be €850 (eight hundred and fifty/00)
- Eight (8) oil samples will be €950 (nine hundred and fifty/00)
- Nine (9) oil samples will be €1,050 (one thousand and fifty/00)
- Ten (10) oil samples will be €1,150 (one thousand one hundred and fifty/00)
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- BANCA INTESA BANK TRANSFER PAYABLE TO:
PAYMENT REFERENCE: COMPANY NAME, REGISTRATION IN THE LODO GUIDE – MILAN IOOC
A copy of the bank transfer must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bank fees shall be paid by the participating company.
Art: 9 GRADING SYSTEM
The names of all the participating companies and oils that have passed the preselection phase will be published in the first bilingual printed edition of the LODO GUIDE – 2022, which will be available at the end of 2021.The Management reserves the right to publish only the Companies and oils that have met the requirements of the QG (Qualifying Gourmet)project.
Our evaluation is based on the comparative analysis of three factors: Chemical Analysis, Sensory Analysis, and an Analysis of the cultivar(s) most closely identified with the characteristics of the cultivar(s), in relation to the region of production. The technical evaluation, in combination with the QG (Qualifying Gourmet) assessment, will identify the award-winning oils.
ONE ORCIOLO OUTSTANDING
High quality, with a perfect balance between the various olfactory and gustatory aspects. Excellent regional representation.
TWO ORCIOLOS EXCELLENT
Unique characteristics, in perfect harmony with the cultivar or the blend and its production region. International olive growing excellence.
THREE ORCIOLOS LODEVOLE
One of the LODEVOLI oils, identifying itself with the region and the cultivar in an exciting and unique way. The “non plus ultra” of international olive growing.
For companies that have produced excellent quality in all their oils that we selected.
Art: 10 AWARDS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
“I VOLTI DELL’OLIO”
In a prestigious photographic project, an internationally renowned photographer will portray the faces of the patrons of the companies that have won an award.
The stars of “I VOLTI DELL’OLIO” are the winners of the LODO GUIDE 2022 edition, who were awarded an Orciolo d’Oro:
- COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- PRESSING OF THE YEAR
- BEST LIGHT FRUITY OIL
- BEST MEDIUM FRUITY OIL
- BEST INTENSE FRUITY OIL
- BEST ORGANIC OIL
- BEST BIODYNAMIC OIL
- BEST PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) OIL
- BEST PGI (Protected Geographical Designation) OIL
- BEST MONOCULTIVAR OIL
- BEST BLENDED OIL
- NEW COMPANY
PINK PLANET AWARD: an award presented to a company run by women, that has demonstrated its ability to do its job with courage and tenacity in a business environment that is not always favourable.
LODO COUP DE COEUR: awarded to the company that impressed us most during the new 2021 season.
La LODE Special Awards
- DESIGN AWARD : The bottle, the label and the packaging which in their totality represent a “Style”.
- HYPER EVO AWARD: for the oil that contains the highest percentage of polyphenols.
- GREEN & INNOVATION AWARD: for the company that uses processing methods that minimise the environmental impact.
- HEROIC OLIVE GROWING AWARD: for the company that has distinguished itself for its commitment and dedication.
- SUPERNOVA AWARD: for the company with a limited but excellent production.
- MILAN AWARD: for the company that has distinguished itself by its dynamic approach and run by the promising young talent of olive production.
- The GIUSEPPE FONTANAZZA AWARD: for the company owner who is an “innovator of Italian olive growing”.
- RED CARPET AWARD: this award was created to promote the best olive oil within a prestigious gastronomic context. Three ad hoc dishes will be created using the best Light, Medium and Intense Fruity oils, based on the LODO Evaluation.
- WINE & OIL AWARD: for olive farms that show particularly brilliant results on the viticulture front.
- LODO SOCIAL AWARD: The prize will be awarded to the company that has distinguished itself in an original and incisive way in the world of social media.
- PRESS AWARD: a panel of professional national and international journalists will taste some selected finalist oils in the 2021 event.
- “THE CHEF’S CHOICE”: the refined gourmet palate of a famous Chef will select the oil that will receive this prestigious recognition, from among the finalists.
Art: 11 THE AWARD PRESENTATION
The Acknowledgments and Special Prizes will be presented during the event and the press conference for the official presentation of the 2022 LODO GUIDE, due out in December 2021.
This is an Exclusive All Day Event in Milan in a prestigious location and attended by journalists, food bloggers, influencers and chefs. At this event, some companies will be able to exhibit their products and promote them in new markets.
The regulations and details of the event will be published on the website www.lodo-guide.com.
The 2022 LODO GUIDE will be available from
- All major bookshops
- High-end concept stores.
- Online retailers (Amazon, Ibs)
- From the website www.lodo-guide.com
Information about the 2022 LODO GUIDE will be available at
- The launch event in Milan, scheduled for December 2021 for the Trade and Consumer press
- At presentations at major bookshops and concept stores, with dates to be decided
- From the active and proactive press office
- On social media channels
Art: 12 AMENDMENTS
The Management reserves the right to modify these regulations at any time, should the need arise.
FLE S.N.C.Vincenzo Federico Petisi & Co.
Via Monte Napoleone 8,